Wednesday 10 April 2013

Socks update!

The bit I was dreading most about making socks was the heel. And not so much the actual doing of it, but understanding the pattern.

However, last night, with a certain amount of trepidation I turned both heels. 

I would have left the 2nd sock until the first was finished but for the fact that my 10cm pins werent long enough to actually fit the heel flap stitches onto, so ordered a longer set and put the first sock to 'rest' on an interchangable cable with stoppers.

Extremely pleased that there are still no 'ladders'. So left to do now is the foot of the sock and then to learn kitchener stitch to finish the toes. I'm hoping it wont be too difficult.

 Now need to work out how to split the stitches in the right way over the needles as the pattern only uses 3 and I'm using 4

 2nd sock, yet to have the stitches picked up.

No comments:

Post a Comment