Tuesday 18 March 2014

Week 10/11 hexagon a day challenge and other related yarny things

It's been another crazy couple of weeks. Last Monday saw me celebrate another birthday which still just keeps me from moving up an age bracket on surveys!
My birthday week was full of travel. I visited friends and stayed with the lovely Sam (my cousin) from the KnitRunDig podcast and went to the Knitting and Stitching Show with her on Wednesday and then on to another friend in North London.
The Knitting and Stitching Show was much improved to last year. Maybe having the West entrance of Olympia open helped separated the masses and also went straight into the yarn end of the show halls which were blissfully empty when we arrived. I purchased some needle felting roving and only a few skeins of yarn (most of which was Drops Delight) as I had been gifted a huge stash of yarn from Sam for my birthday. I am now trying to hide most of it from my eldest daughter who has decided that she rather likes making socks on a sock loom!

The spring blanket (which I shouldnt have started due to the enormous amounts of current wip) is growing well now and did travel with me down to London. I'm ahead of where the CAL currently is, but I've set myself my own deadline to have it completed by Easter.



The pattern is here if you're interested.

Even though I was travelling I still managed to keep up to date with my hexagons. I am sort of going through a bit of a wall with the project but even though my enthusiasm is less than it was at the start the reason for why I am doing it is very important and I will continue, even on the days where I feel less than inclined. I didnt get a chance to post a blog as of last week so here are weeks 10 and 11.

 Week 10

Week 11

The other project that has had some progress made in the past couple of weeks is the project that inspired the name of this blog. It has probably got to be the longest wip ever and I hope to goodness that I finish it this year. At last count I had 15 squares left to do, and about 523,972 ends left to sew in (possibly not quite that many, but I hate sewing in ends!)


The hat Boris had been sporting was also delivered to the new recipient who was thrilled. I'm hoping that the late order of a hat will mean that spring will now finally be sprung and we shall have no need for winter woolies for the foreseeable.


Finally, my craft room has had a bit of an overhaul. I bought lots of storage boxes from Ikea last week and set about organising everything into labelled boxes. I had 2 left over what I would call 'student' bookshelves, you know the ones, pine slats with very little in the way of design other than being functional. My fabulous partner has repurposed them into the supports for a sewing table for me and fixed an mdf top to them et voila! I shall aim to post pics when the craft room is fully sorted and looking lovely.

Thanks for reading x

No comments:

Post a Comment