Wednesday 5 February 2014

Week 5 Hexagon a day project and mosaic blanket progress

Not missed a day yet!!

My youngest loves helping me pick out colours for each day and she seems to have a really good eye for putting together colours I wouldnt normally. They mostly seem to work, though I have had to veto a couple of choices.




I have a lot of other projects on the go at the moment. One of my definite 'I'm going to finish this this year' projects has had 4 more squares knitted for it recently. I started it in 2006 and have had problems finding a discontinued yarn. Fortunately Rowan have one very similar to that that I originally used. As it's intarsia work the difference in the yarn shouldn't be too noticeable, and I can mix and match where the squares with the new yarn go so that it's even less obvious.

The other change I may make to the pattern is not to swiss darn over all the squares that the pattern suggests should be. I'm undecided yet, but it's not something that needs a decision just now.

Here's the progress so far.
It's from Blankets and Throws to knit by Debbie Abrahams. The pattern is called Mosaic.

I started it before I really knew much about tension squares and each of my squares appears to be about 3cm larger than it should be!! Far too much completed to worry about that now, but it will hang almost to the floor on each side of the bed when fully completed hehe!!

No comments:

Post a Comment