Tuesday 7 January 2014

End of week 1 hexagon a day challenge

I can't believe that 7 days have past since I started this challenge. I am thrilled with how it is going and that I am allowing random(ish) to happen. Certainly some of the colours that are in each hexagon I would not normally have paired up.

Anyway, as pictures tend to speak a 1000 words I shall let the images (albeit slightly iffy in places as my phone is due for upgrade and the camera is starting to misbehave somewhat) tell the story....


Day 1

Day 2

Day 3

Day 4

Day 4

Day 6 (detail)
The bright pink and the yellow were small pieces of yarn I had left over from cardigans I'd made when my first daughter was a baby. She's now nearly 13!
The bluey green yarn was originally used in my major project for my Art Foundation course back in 1996!!

Day 6

Day 7 (detail)

Day 7
I've been pondering about how to go about the project from here. I'm thinking that I might complete next week's in the same manner and then attach just on one edge and then fill in the gaps at a later stage. Not totally sure yet. Winging it will probably be the best methodology.


No comments:

Post a Comment