Friday 10 January 2014

Sampler blanket project

I've had the book '200 crochet blocks for blankets, throws and afghans' by Jan Eaton for AGES!!

Last autumn I decided that I needed to expland my crochet repertoire of stitches and thought a sampler blanket using this book would be a great way to do this. I started in earnest and quickly made about 10 squares.

Work, real life and a multitude of other projects got in the way, until a couple of days ago when I decided that it was time to get going on this again.

I've chosen a palette of 4 colours from the Stylecraft range of yarn. I'm using Magenta, Clematis, Lavender and Violet.

To date I have completed 28 blocks. I've estimated to cover my kingsize bed I am going to require about 120 ish so I have a fair way left to go.

Some of the pics are not too good as my camera is not behaving properly, but here's some images to let you see where the work has got to.


      


     
    






Apologies if the photos are misaligned, but blogger is not behaving with them

No comments:

Post a Comment